Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Totally Awesome Recipes

I have to brag about my cooking. I actually like it! I even went out for dinner the other night and it was hard paying for something when I can cook something better at home! I can't take the credit, though. It all goes to this totally awesome magazine I picked up in the checkout line. I was a little worried that I wasted my money. I never by magazines. But after the first couple of nights cooking from it, it was the best $ I have ever spent. All the recipes are really simple, include lots of seasonings/herbs and such (why it tastes so good), each recipe has a picture of what the dish looks like, and best of all take less than an hour to do from start to finish (some even less). I've been telling all the ladies at playgroup. Some of the ladies looked a little confused when I told them what magazine it was and today I just tried to look it up to get a picture of the cover for this post and now I know why I got the looks. I guess the one I grabbed is a special edition and not the normal monthly magazine. I can't even find the magazine on their site. So if you go looking for it, this is what it looks like and it says "Specials" in the bottom left corner as well as on the spine. I bought mine at Wal-mart for less than $10 and it is only going to be displayed until October 16th.
Seriously, go grab it! Love, love, love it!





Oh, and get this...David actually told me that if I keep cooking this way he's okay with eating chicken more often. If you know David and his appetite, I had to have beef almost every other day for him to satisfy his hunger. It has to be pretty amazing to get a statement out of David like that!

1 comment:

the luckiest said...

i try to cook for my wife a couple times a week... now i know where to come for now on!