Friday, October 1, 2010

Homemade Hamburger Buns, Fries, Burgers







We made this Sunday dinner almost entirely from scratch! About a week ago, I used the apple cutter to make a ton of potato wedges. I put em in the freezer and today we just threw them in the Fry Daddy and fwa-la! French Fries! Jared made hamburgers from scratch (not premade frozen patties) and is now an advocate for the Tupperware hamburger press! LOL. And the tomatoes are from our garden (which we really have little time for, but it gives to us anyways!) The jam we made over a month ago together for a family night, and tonight we had no hamburger buns, so I thought, "I'll bet the Walker Family Cookbook has it and ta-da, it did! They were super easy for a bread recipe and are so good I want them again! I was so excited at how pretty they turned out.The eclairs are overkill, I know, but I'd just made them for the ward dessert contest, (and got second place!) and had TONS of filling left (can't let pudding and whipped cream go to pot!) so I whipped up some more to gobble up tonight!

No comments: