1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups canned pumpkin (I used 2 butternut squashes and a leftover mini deco=-pumpkin)
2/3 cup sour cream
4 cups chicken broth
2 cups light cream
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
Sour cream, for garnishing
Chives, for garnishing
Sautee onion in butter. Set aside.
In a bowl, combine pumpkin, sour cream, chicken broth, cream, brown sugar, and salt.
Beat mixture until smooth.
Add onions and butter.
Cover and chill. (I stopped here and just ate it, but you can chill it)
When ready to serve, garnish with dollops of addt'l sour cream and chives.
If serving hot, warm slowly over low heat.
DO NOT BOIL.
Makes 6-8 servings.
*** My note: Tastes amAZing with German RYE bread (Roggenbrot) MMMMMM!!
1 comment:
Oh YUM! I learned to LOVE pumpkin soup on my mission .... hmmm! You have got some great recipes on this blog!
Post a Comment