Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Hawaiian Haystacks

2 (10 oz.) cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup chicken broth
2 cups diced cooked chicken or turkey
4 cups cooked rice
chow mein noodles
3 medium tomatoes sliced (I dice them)
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup chopped green onion
1 (20 oz. ) can pineapple chunks (I like the tidbits)
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup coconut
1 (2 oz. ) jar pimento drained and diced, if desired (I don't even know what these are)
Combine soup and chicken broth in a medium saucepan to make gravy. Stir to blend. Add chicken or turkey. Simmer about 8-10 minutes, until heated through. Layer all ingredients to preference. (This says it makes 8 servings from this recipe. I would say it probably really makes four. When I make it for the 8 of us I two and a half times the gravy and rice to make sure there is enough.)

No comments: